Prop Rental Account Specialist
ACME Brooklyn is seeking a full time Prop Rental Account Specialist to join our Brooklyn-based team.
Established in 2010, ACME Brooklyn is a hub of creative activity for fashion, commercial, television and film clients. We have a large inventory of rental furniture, props, and decorative items that we rent out of our 17,000 square foot warehouse in Bushwick.
This full-time position will work closely with, and report to, our Prop Rental Director and Managing Partner.
The position is part sales, part administrative, and all customer service. The administrative work includes answering phones, staying on top of e-mails, scheduling deliveries and pickups with courier services, building out orders using a computer-based prop rental reservation system, and running charges using Quickbooks. Superior follow up and organization skills are a must.
The customer service work includes working with a variety of clients on a daily basis, including established clients as well as new ones. The candidate for this job should be able to maintain a professional and calm demeanor with clients who are often in fast turnaround situations. A desire to problem solve on the fly, and patience, is a must.
We take customer service seriously and like to deliver a seamless experience for our clients, helping them do their best creative work. But we do our best to have fun while doing that, too. A sense of humor and sense of perspective can be helpful tools for excelling in this position.
- 2 solid years of office experience; experience in a creative, fashion, or media-related environment a plus. An understanding of still or film production a plus.
- Friendly and professional with an open-minded attitude in a unique environment, with a demonstrated ability to build customer relationships with good humor.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills: strong writing and e-mail skills, a knack for follow-up, comfortable talking on the phone with customers, experience with a multi-line phone system; excellent message-taking skills.
- Ability to make, develop, and nourish customer relationships.
- Sensitivity for client confidentiality and in handling payments.- Experience with Quickbooks a plus.
- Can work under high-pressure situations, tight deadlines, and with demanding client personalities.
- A passion for problem solving and ability to think outside the box when making solutions.
- Ability to multitask and stay well organized in a fast paced environment.
- Openness in communication with colleagues and managers.
- We have a lot of stuff: a passion for, or interest in, fabulous objects a plus; having a sense for design and a good eye doesn’t hurt, either.Pay is $22/hr. Benefits include paid time off including PTO, sick days, vacation days, and a 401k program. Start time for this position is 8:30AM M-F.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Prop Rental Account Specialist candidate. If you’d like your application to stand out, please spend five minutes on our prop rental catalog, proprental.com, and tell us your five favorite items. No calls, please.